Cheese Dog Bread Rolls are as fun to make as they are to eat and are the best use for day-old sliced bread. Golden, crunchy, and stuffed with meaty hot dogs and melty cheese, they’re a hearty snack or appetizer kids and adults alike will love!
We love all forms of bread at home so I always make sure we have a loaf or two ready for our favorite spreads such as chicken salad or cheese pineapple. But sometimes my eyes are bigger than our stomachs and I end up buying more than we can comfortably consume.
With a little ingenuity, however, the bread loaves never go to waste; there are so many delicious ways to revamp day-old extras into amazing snacks or desserts! I like to turn pan de leche rolls into Hawaiian bread pudding or sliced white bread into these cheese dog bread rolls.
If you’re looking for the perfect after-school treat for the kiddos or fun appetizers for the adults in the house, these stuffed bread rolls are it! Golden, crunchy, and filled with meaty hot dogs and melty cheese on the inside, they’re sure to be hit.
Not only do they make a fun and tasty snack, but they are also easy to make with only a handful of ingredients. Plus they’re freezable for anytime cravings!
- Sliced sandwich bread is perfect for this recipe! I prefer white, but feel free to use wheat for extra nutrition.
- Hot dogs-I use Filipino-style “red hot dogs”
- Cheese-Eden is my favorite brand to use here, but any quick melt cheese should do.
- Eggs and milk-beat together to make an egg wash which will help the breading to stick
- Panko bread crumbs-use Panko for the best crunch!
- Oil-choose oil with a high smoke point such as canola, peanut, safflower, or corn oil